Future Project - Engineering
Gameplay Software EngineerApply Now
Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience.
We have adopted a flexible work policy that allows options for onsite work in our Los Gatos, CA studio or fully remotely from anywhere throughout the US. Come and join us!
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Gameplay Software Engineer. The creation of massive multiplayer online games requires the use of a suite of state-of-the-art features and functionality used by designers and artists to bring our incredible worlds to life. As a Gameplay Software Engineer, you can help define and implement new features for Cryptic’s development teams.
Every day you could be:
- Working in a team of very talented software engineers to architect, build and maintain exceptional game play systems and powerful tools.
- Supporting and working with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, and Design.
- Upgrading our workflows to improve team productivity and enhance content for customers.
- Researching and introducing new technologies to all engineers and management.
What we need to see:
- Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in both written and verbal format.
- 5+ years of professional experience in C++ programming and debugging.
- Ability to take on a large existing code base, understand its inner workings and make improvements.
- A passion for delivering great work.
- Experience in the video game industry!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
What we’d like to see:
- Experience shipping AAA titles using Unreal Engine 4 and/or Unreal Engine 5.
- Worked on a team on at least one successful game product.
- 3 or more years of game development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games.
- Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers, memory management, and performance optimization. The interview process will be testing you for these skills.
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team where your contributions will have a major impact
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company social events
- Pet-Friendly Environment
At Cryptic Studios, Inc. the standard base pay range for this role is $112,500 - $160,000 annually. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.