Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented and experienced QA Manager to provide leadership and support for the studio’s QA department, which numbers around 30 staff members. You will invest in the QA staff, working with them to improve their practices, advance their careers, and promote the needs of QA to the other departments and studio leadership. Join the Cryptic Studios leadership team to shape the future of quality assurance at the studio.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer with the stability of a large one. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the games.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership to all the QA staff at the studio.
- Advising and mentoring QA staff in their career development.
- Outlining clear and concise expectations for practices, productivity, communication and professionalism to the QA team.
- Assisting QA Leads on each game title with managing QA challenges.
- Unifying/improving QA process and best practices across the company.
- Collaborating with Executive Producers and other studio leadership, helping to improve how we deliver quality products.
- Working to create a positive and collaborative work environment.
What we'd like to see:
- 8+ years in game development QA organizations.
- Previous experience managing QA teams that shipped and/or supported game products.
- Strong leadership abilities and proven ability to manage personnel issues
- Experience directing QA teams working on traditional products and games-as-a-service (Live) titles.
- Deep knowledge of the practices, policies, technology, and procedures that make a QA team effective.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in a studio level QA leadership role, coordinating efforts across multiple titles and teams.
- Experience with Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and Star Trek IPs.
- Experience with both PC and console titles
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.