Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Graphics Software Engineer. This position works closely with other software engineers to maintain our custom graphics engine and tool chain, and to upgrade it to meet the ever-changing state-of-the-art. We're always pushing the envelope, and you'll relish the challenge!
Every day you could be working on:
- Global illumination.
- Physically based lighting models.
- Physically based substance compositing.
- Volumetric rendering techniques.
- Multi-threaded rendering.
- Modern anti-aliasing techniques.
What we need to see:
- Thorough grasp of C and C++.
- Experience with constructing and debugging multi-threaded systems.
- Strong communication skills to work cohesively with both engineers and artists.
- Self-drive to learn and implement new rendering techniques.
- Architecturally-minded approach with respect to designing scalable systems and managing technical debt.
- Experience writing and debugging shader code.
- Ability to digest and maneuver through a large and complicated code base.
What we'd like to see:
- Console development experience.
- Conceptual fluency with physically based rendering techniques.
- Mathematical Analysis skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2 years of experience.