Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking an Audio Software Engineer to create and maintain our audio pipeline and systems. You'll work closely with Sound Designers, Leads, and other software engineers in our studio to drive a great game audio experience for our players.
- Improve the workflows for how we get voice overs and other audio into our existing games.
- Evaluate Third Party solutions for Audio for our next game, in concert with our Audio and Engine Teams.
- Improve stability of the Audio code on all of our Shipping Platforms (Windows, Xbox One, PS4).
- Add more advanced audio features to our new game.
What we need to see
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Attention to details.
- A passion for working in the Audio space, and a care for customer experience.
- Very proficient in C/C++ programming and debugging, especially in multi-threaded code.
- Proficient in source code version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
- Experience with audio middleware, like FMOD or WWise.
- Deep knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.).
- Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
- 4 year degree and 2 years of professional Audio or Tools Engineering experience, or the equivalent.
What we'd like to see
- Experience with music and adaptive music systems.
- Experience creating complex voice over playback systems.