Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience.
We have adopted a flexible work policy that allows options for onsite work in our Los Gatos, CA studio or fully remotely from anywhere throughout the US. Come and join us!
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Senior Game Systems Software Engineer. The creation of massive multiplayer online games requires the use of a suite of state-of-the-art features and functionality used by designers and artists to brings our incredible worlds to life. As a Senior Game Systems Software Engineer, you can help define and implement new features for Cryptic’s development teams.
Every day you could be
- Working in a team of very talented software engineers to architect, build and maintain exceptional game play systems.
- Work with our world class engineers to build game systems and powerful tools used by our designers and artists to create fantastic virtual worlds and game play.
- Working in a custom, state of the art, client-server game engine and tool suite.
- Developing and extending systems to meet the ever-changing needs of a massively multiplayer online game.
- Upgrading our workflows to improve team productivity and enhance content for customers.
- Researching and introducing new technologies to all engineers and management.
What we need to see
- Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate both in writing and verbally.
- 5+ years of professional experience in C programming and debugging.
- Ability to take a large existing code base to understand its inner workings and make improvements.
- A passion for delivering great work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
What we’d like to see
- Worked on a team on at least one successful game product.
- 3 or more years of game development experience.
- The ability to read assembly language when using debugging tools.
- Experience in the video game industry and with MMO’s is a huge plus!
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games.
- Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers, memory management, and performance optimization. The interview process will be testing you for these skills. (Java, C# and other high-level languages will not be utilized in this job.)
What Cryptic Offers
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A smart, fun, and tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.