Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Test Analyst. This role works under the direction of the QA lead to perform tasks such as implementing test plans, executing test cases and scripts, and tracking/documenting software and product features and flaws.
A successful candidate should be able to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining game features and improving game balance for Cryptic’s MMO projects, and will coordinate with the production, design, software and art teams.
Every day you could be:
- Performing build verification testing; regression testing; and game balance testing (among a variety of other types of QA testing).
- Working directly with the game development teams.
- Assisting in the refinement and improvements of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing assistance to managers and leads on game-play and game-balance analysis.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Assisting with the coordination of playtesting.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we’d like to see:
- 2+ years’ experience as a QA Test Analyst or equivalent experience in similar field.
- Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Ability to analyze or develop processes and suggest improvements effectively.
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing principles.
- Highly organized.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills a plus.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- Console and PC industry game experience.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Experience with console certification standards are a bonus, but not necessary.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options – Anywhere Within the US
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events