Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented and experienced QA Manager to provide leadership and support for the studio’s QA department, which numbers around 30 staff members. You will invest in the QA staff, working with them to improve their practices, advance their careers, and promote the needs of the QA staff to other departments and studio leadership. Join the Cryptic Studios team to shape the future of quality assurance at the studio.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership to all the QA staff at the studio.
- Advising and mentoring QA staff in their career development.
- Outlining clear and concise expectations for practices, productivity, communication and professionalism to the QA team.
- Assisting QA Leads on each game title with managing QA challenges.
- Collaborating with Executive Producers and other studio leadership, helping to improve how we deliver quality products.
- Working to create a positive and collaborative work environment.
What we'd like to see:
- 8+ years in game development QA organizations. -Previous experience managing QA teams that shipped and/or supported game products.
- Managing includes daily knowledge of direct reports' tasks, objectives and accomplishments.
- Ability to gauge direct reports' skill sets and cater to their strengths and weaknesses.
- Deep knowledge of the practices, policies, and procedures that make a QA team effective.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership abilities and proven ability to manage personnel issues.
- Previous experience in a studio level QA leadership role, coordinating efforts across multiple titles and teams.
- Experience with Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and Star Trek IPs.
- Experience with both PC and console titles