Cryptic Studios is seeking a talented UI Artist to collaborate in the design and creation of the user interface for our next multi-platform MMO. In this role, you’ll be responsible for conceptualizing and developing a seamless and polished experience across PC and multiple consoles. With a unique combination of artistic abilities and technical aptitude, you’ll be the bridge between artists, designers, engineers and players who ensures that our next game interfaces look, feel and play great.
Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small video game developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love making great games.
Every day you could be:
- Creating visual concepts, wireframes and prototype pitches for game UI features, interfaces and iconography
- Working closely with the Art Director and Concept teams to establish a compelling and cohesive look for interfaces and game branding
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering and other developers to brainstorm, conceptualize, create, implement and iterate until complex systems are represented with UI that feels natural and obvious
- Managing visual designs and styles for multiple features across the breadth of the game, and delivering final assets that meet performance targets
What we'd like to see:
- 3+ years’ experience creating user interfaces, titles and menus for games, film, or web
- Exceptional graphic design skills, including a solid understanding of color, composition, space and typography
- Ability to create both static and dynamic animated UI systems with a solid understanding of basic animation principles
- Strong game design sensibilities and ability to create heads-up displays, menus and interfaces that reflect gameplay needs
- Deep knowledge of game UI/UX and understanding of current UI practices in PC and console games
- Expert knowledge of visual design software like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Ability and willingness to learn proprietary and consumer user interface tools
- Excellent communication skills and a positive, professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (Python, Lua, C++, C#, etc.)
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant technical and/or artistic skills An art test and/or additional artistic sample materials may be required