Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is looking for an enthusiastic and talented UI Engineer to join the Magic the Gathering MMO team. Bringing a unique combination of front-end expertise and design sensibilities, you will be the bridge between UI artists and software engineers to bring interface designs and interaction concepts to life in the game.
What you’ll be doing
- Helping develop and iterate core game systems to create intuitive and entertaining features
- Collaborating with a team of other talented engineers, UI/UX artists, and designers
- Creating UI solutions that work seamlessly across different inputs and platforms (PC keyboards, console controllers, etc.)
What we'd like to see:
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate interaction concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong understanding of usability and visual design
- Experience prototyping, building and iterating on UI features
- Passion for solving unique UI challenges within a creative and collaborative team setting
- Self-motivated and driven with a positive team player attitude
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Willingness and desire to push the possibilities of web and game technologies
- Knowledge of building features with scalability and modularity in mind
- A passion for games
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or URLs providing examples of your work. Please provide brief descriptions of your role/contributions for each.