Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a full-time Producer who understands individual team management as well as big picture production to contribute to our future projects. This individual will help organize one or more cross-functional teams, while collaborating with the broader production group to define and implement production practices to help guide our future project.
The best person for this position will help our teams achieve their goals by keeping projects and deliverables on-track, keeping their teams healthy, and keeping collaborators informed. They’ll work with creative leaders to build and execute flexible development plans including milestones and specific deliverables that help get there, solving problems along the way and helping teams to pivot as needed. Along the way, they will partner with fellow servant leaders to foster a respectful and transparent development environment.
Every day you could be:
- Working with one or more cross discipline teams containing artists, designers, engineers, and/or more to define and develop features from concept to completion.
- Working with other leaders to define realistic deliverable goals at various resolutions, then helping the team understand those goals and define the plan to achieve them.
- Identifying and solving blockers that are preventing team members from being productive.
- Assisting with developing long term, large-scale project schedules to budget manpower, drive milestones and scope the overall project.
- Defining, implementing, and iterating on production processes to increase velocity, collaboration, and visibility.
- Proactively identifying project risks and issues, then establishing actionable mitigation and contingency plans as needed.
- Communicating candidly with key stakeholders about your teams and their work and collaborating with them to solve problems when needed.
- Maintaining high levels of team happiness and individual satisfaction through regular measurements and owning actions to improve them.
What we'd like to see:
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Experience owning production/project management practices for cross functional creative teams
- Experience managing milestones, deadlines, and deliverables at multiple scales with a history of success
- Experience operating within and customizing a formal project management structure
- The ability to speak to a diverse group of developers from a place of understanding
- Organization and attention to detail: the ability to speak to and provide supporting documentation relevant to all aspects of your teams at any given time
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and the ability to self-motivate and motivate others on the team
- Comfortable working with a distributed team across multiple time zones, and passionate about helping people stay connected in a virtual-first environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and project management software
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Proficient in principles of Agile Development and one or more frameworks that implement those principles (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Confident at creating and managing long term schedules and roadmaps
- A solid understanding of how to customize Jira and Confluence to fit the needs of your teams
- Some knowledge or practical experience in 3-D art, game design, or programming
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
What Cryptic Offers
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team where your contributions will have a major impact
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company social events
- Pet-Friendly Environment
At Cryptic Studios, Inc. the standard base pay range for this role is $115,000 - $160,000 annually. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.