Cryptic is looking for an outstanding Concept Artist who will work with the Art Leads in defining the vision for an exciting new game universe for PC and console! You bring your raw creativity and passion for designing vehicles, worlds, and characters, and we supply the environment that allows your talents to flourish. As the ideal candidate, you should wow us with your skills in creating artwork and communicating a vision that inspires the entire development team.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre, and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Conceptualizing vehicles, weapons, worlds, and characters for a new game universe.
- Brainstorming original ideas and working closely with Art Leads to define the look of the game.
- Creating production ready concept art that the development team will turn into 3D game assets.
- Giving and receiving concise and constructive feedback to and from your peers.
- Inspiring the whole development team with the ideas you bring to life!
What we'd like to see:
- Passionate, self-driven artists excited to develop the look of a game.
- Very strong mechanical/vehicular and environmental concept skills are required.
- A strong understanding of lighting, perspective, mood, color theory, figure drawing, and architectural design.
- Must be able to sketch rough ideas quickly and clearly during the brainstorm phase.
- Interest in pushing boundaries and exploring never before seen ideas.
- A strong attention to detail and consistency.
- Proficiency with Photoshop.
- One to three years experience in game development.
- One to four game titles shipped.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your high-quality art.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and a positive team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to take direction from the Lead Artist.
- Passion for games.
- Understanding of 3D game asset creation a plus.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)