Senior Environment Artist
ART- Sr. Environment Artist
Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist with the ability to consistently create compelling and aesthetically pleasing environments in any given style while adhering to polygon and console memory budget constraints. Join the Cryptic team to create and innovate next-gen visuals for PC games. We supply the proprietary game engine and tools, you bring your understanding of the role of environmental art with respect to overall game play, player flow, environmental immersion, navigation and travel/movement ability.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Working in a team environment developing next-gen titles for PC.
- Offering high level support and artistic vision to a small group of artists on an ongoing basis.
- Independently researching and developing best-case scenarios for art asset development.
- Dictating art style and vision within the specific disciplines to lead artists and development directors.
- Using 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and proprietary software to create next-gen art assets.
What we'd like to see:
- Experience using proprietary editors, software and tools
- Skill at modeling supporting assets with or without concepts and designs.
- Good modeling techniques and practices.
- Solid, efficient UV unwrapping and mapping skills.
- The ability to create custom materials and all associated maps (bump, normal, parallax, spec, etc.) for new or existing assets.
- 3 to 7 years in game development.
- 3 to 9 game titles shipped.
- A strong portfolio, demo reel or Web site that demonstrates high quality art renderings.
- 4 to 6 years of Photoshop experience in a Windows-based environment.
- Ability to work within a style, including a style set by another artist.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)