Systems Designer (Seattle)
DESIGN- Systems (Seattle)
We are currently looking for a full-time Game Designer - Systems to work on our exciting new and ongoing projects. This design position is responsible for creating and maintaining fun and balanced combat gameplay. Combat systems require an understanding of the quantitative (e.g. damage, range, cooldown) and qualitative (e.g. effect of landscapes, player skill, timing) factors that affect the combat experience. This position requires previous game design experience.
We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Designing combat-related systems and features that realize the vision of the creative director and lead designer.
- Balancing variables to create a combat experience that is fun for diverse playstyles.
- Contributing to AI design.
- Implementing data for character and NPC abilities.
- Providing an example of professionalism and excellence to the rest of the team.
What we'd like to see:
- Experience designing combat related systems such as classes, combat, skills, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing large numbers of game assets such as items, weapons, spells, or monsters.
- Experience with scripting and/or data implementation.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Credit on at least one previous shipped game title with a strong combat focus.
- Quantitative study of game systems.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Veteran game player.
- MMO and/or RPG experience as player or designer.
- Experience in platform and fighting games as a player or designer.
- Programming experience.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)
This position is located in Seattle. Applicants must be willing to relocate.