Staff UI Artist (Seattle)
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a full-time Staff UI Artist. Do you have what it takes to create iconic images that will shape the next Cryptic games? Can you create the perfect look and feel for games and web sites? If you think you have what it takes to create displays that reflect gameplay needs, this could be the job for you!
We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Working with design, engineering and the lead artist to brainstorm, conceptualize, create and implement all UI elements for Cryptic's games.
- Creating the look and feel of the Cryptic Studios' web site and sites for its games in development.
- Working as part of a web development team to implement web features and tools.
What we'd like to see:
- A strong knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator.
- Well-rounded 2D and 3D illustration skills, including a solid understanding of color, space and typography.
- The ability to create both static and dynamic animated UI systems with a solid understanding of basic animation principles.
- At least three years experience creating user interfaces, titles and menus for videogames, film, DVDs or web sites.
- The ability to create heads-up displays that reflect gameplay needs.
- Ability to learn proprietary and consumer user interface tools.
- Ability to generate web site and marketing content.
- Ability to take direction from the lead artist and art development director.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver assets as required on time.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)
This position is located in Seattle. Applicants must be willing to relocate.