Network Security Engineer
OPS - Network Security Engineer
Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a full-time Network Security Engineer. We are seeking sharp, motivated people to join our team and help bolster security against exploits, hackers, and more.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.Every day you could be:
What we’d like to see:
- Deploying and supporting Firewall, VPN and IDS
- Deploying and supporting two-factor authentication at the VPN and critical server level
- Managing, configuring, scanning, testing, and securing server and network systems
- Supporting large-scale network switching, routing and security
- Providing subject matter expertise on everything from host hardening to web application vulnerabilities
- Handling complex administration tasks for internally developed applications
- Performing server performance tuning and capacity planning
- Writing network operations design specs and project plans.
- Improving network documentation
- Participating in on-call schedule including maintenance windows
What we need to see:
- Familiarity with Cisco Firewall configuration
- Familiarity with VPN configuration using Cisco and OpenVPN
- Familiarity with Syslog (or similar) logging systems
- Familiarity with two-factor security systems
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology.
- Understanding of compliance requirements such as PCI.
- Solid knowledge of Window server systems and systems security
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory security systems
- Ability to create and use scripts to parse textual logs to assist with security forensics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (CS, CIS, EE) or equivalent work experience
- Current MCSE/MCSA/CCNA+ certification
- 4+ years of experience