Bilingual QA Tester - Mandarin
PUB - QA Tester (Bilingual)
Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a Bilingual Quality Assurance Tester. The quality assurance tester works under the direction of the quality assurance lead to perform quality assurance tasks such as implementing test plans, executing test cases and scripts, and tracking/documenting software and product features and flaws. A successful candidate should also be able to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining game features and improving game balance for Cryptic’s MMO projects. The quality assurance tester will coordinate with the production, design, software and art teams.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we create the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Coordinating with teams throughout the world to bring our products to Asian markets
- Performing build verification testing; regression testing; and game balance testing (among a variety of other types of QA testing)
- Working directly with the game development teams.
- Assisting in the refinement and improvements of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing assistance to managers and leads on game-play and game-balance analysis.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Assisting with the coordination of playtesting.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we'd like to see:
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Previous experience testing international products
- Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Ability to analyze or develop processes and suggest improvements effectively.
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing principles.
- Highly organized.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills a plus.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- Console and PC industry game experience.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Experience with console certification standards are a bonus, but not necessary.